Christmas is right around the corner and what better way to spend time with family than whipping up Christmas cookies? We hope you enjoy this spin on traditional holiday sweets that can you can bake in your wood-fired brick oven!
What You Need
- Cast iron skillet
- Piping bag
- 1 box cake mix (your preference, we suggest funfetti)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Holiday M&Ms (try mint or peppermint if you would like)
- 1/2 cup your favorite holiday sprinkles
- 1 can (16 ounces) Vanilla Frosting
- Food Coloring
- Grease your skillet with non-stick cooking spray or 1 tbsp of melted butter
- In a bowl, mix cake mix, egg, butter, and M&Ms
- Pat dough into the skillet, leaving room around the edges
- Bake in the brick oven around 350 degrees for 20-25 mins
- Leave to cool
- Mix the vanilla frosting with the food color of your choice. We suggest red or green for a festive look.
- Fill the piping bag with frosting and decorate edges of the cookie
- Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles
- Cut and enjoy!